Note to those who (may) wonder why I post so many parodies, satirical takes, and editorial cartoons on the situation here (about 1/3 of the content, by my guesstimate):
- Colleagues throughout the blogosphere - too many to mention, locally and abroad, but you all know who you/they are - already have first rate "think pieces."
- When do they have the time to write all that?
- I am in near-despair over the situation in the wake of the "cease-fire," etc, and have come to the conclusion that parody and satire often point to a deeper truth with verbal or visual shorthand.
- Many other bloggers don't, no idea why.
- What do you think? Leave a comment.